Richard A. Posner, Economic Analysis of Law, 9th Edition.
Richard A. Posner, Economic Analysis of Law, 9th Edition. Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2014. ISBN: 9781454833888.
Lucid, comprehensive, and definitive in its field, this text covers every aspect of economic analysis of the law.
- Two new chapters, one on intellectual property, one on international and comparative law, both exploding fields of great importance.
- Earlier editions’ questions have been converted to answers, making the book more accessible and informative.
- Revised to be clearer and less technical.
- More eclectic, reflecting recent criticisms of “rational choice” theory, in particular the need to supplement it with insights from psychology.
- Greater attention paid to judicial behavior, realistically modeled and explained in economic terms.
- Incorporates insights from the veritable explosion of books and articles published in the last few years on economic analysis of law.
Richard A. Posner is a judge of the U.S. Court Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and a senior lecturer at the University of Chicago Law School. He is the author of numerous books, including Overcoming Law, a New York Times Book Review editors’ choices for best book of 1995 and An Affair of State: The Investigation, Impeachment, and Trial of President Clinton, one of Times‘ choices for Best Book of the Year in 1999 and a Los Angeles Times Book Prize Finalist, 2000.